Monday, January 23, 2017

Who Am I?

If you read this blog you may already be family or a friend, or you may be one of the amazing people who have started to follow my social media accounts due to my Health and Fitness business. I've been so blessed in that my Health and Fitness lifestyle facebook page has been shared a great deal recently with people all over the world. Because of this growth, and because I hope that it will continue to spread- I thought I'd introduce myself and tell y'all more about who I am! 

I couldn't decide if I wanted to format this post as an essay, like an online dating profile (I enjoy long walks on the beach, etc), or as a Q&A session- so you're going to get a nice mix of it all! Here goes!

Name: Layne
Age: 30
Hometown: Columbia, SC
Currently reside: in a small town in South Carolina near the GA border.

First and of foremost importance in my life is that I am a Christian. My relationship with the Lord is the most important thing to me, I know that it's strength trickles down into the other important relationships in my life, especially those of wife and mother. As I just mentioned, I am a wife, specifically a good wife trying to be a great wife to an amazing man. We have 2 young daughters who are the best things we've ever done.

I have very close relationships with my family- my parents, 2 brothers, grandparents, uncle, and aunt. My family is crazy as hell. We are all vastly different from each other, but one thing we all have in common is that we love each other fiercely and will always be there for each other. My brothers are my best friends, they always spoil me, protected me, and  have been there for me through difficult and wonderful times. I'm also very close with my husband's family who are equally wonderful, and who,  from the first time I met them made me feel like I belonged with them.

Silly things about me...
Favorite color: Kelley green
Favorite movies: Tombstone, Gone with the Wind, Pulp Fiction, and Pride and Prejudice


Favorite music: I love all music except for heavy metal, and not super into EDM. Billy Joel's 52nd Street is one of my favorite albums.
Favorite book: Pride and Prejudice
Favorite TV shows: Too Many!! New Girl, How to Get Away with Murder, Sherlock, PLL,Grey's
Favorite TV shows no longer on the air: Friday Night Lights, The OC, Gossip Girl, the West Wing, White Collar, Downton Abbey
Celebs I fangirl over: Benedict Cumberbatch, Joseph Morgan


Hidden Talents: ambidextrous
Guilty pleasures: trashy TV (the Royals), rap music, eating in the bath and shower



Why am I passionate about health and fitness?

I grew up watching my mother and grandmother gain and lose weight in vicious cycles. I also watched them get more and more sick. Starting from a young age I dealt with body image issues, and I still battle them today. I feel fortunate, though, to not have ever developed an eating disorder. I have different family members affected by Autoimmune disease and a history of awful allergies and weird medical conditions. My dad has been a runner, actually a marathoner, my entire life. He set a great example for me of being active. One of my biggest motivations for staying healthy and fit, however, is my mental health. I've blogged previously about my battle with anxiety and depression and how amazing exercise is as a natural treatment for those issues.

Favorite exercise: Zumba and yoga


Least favorite exercise: burpees and running (though I still do both)
Favorite fitness series: I loved the Piyo program from Beach Body
Favorite healthy snack: I can't eat them anymore because of my allergies but Luna's Chocolate dipped coconut bars are amazing! I also love carrots with light ranch dressing!
Favorite cheat foods: gummy bears and cupcakes
Favorite music to exercise to: Anything with Pitbull for cardio! Spotify has a great cardio hip hop station, but be aware that some songs aren't edited. When I practice yoga at home I listen to the Beach yoga girl playlist on Spotify.

Random:

What have I done today? Taught an early morning religion class. Went to the doctor and got injections in my scalp. Trained a client. Sold a bunch of children's clothes online. Got my girls from school!

What have I eaten today? A bowl of leftover sausage and veggie pasta

What am I doing later? A nap hopefully. I only slept 2 hours last night!

Last person I talked to? My 2 year old when I rocked her and put her down for her nap.

Favorite thing to wear right now? These super soft jammies I got from Costco, either that or my electric blue Lularoe leggings. 

So that's some about me. If you ever have any questions for me, shoot them my way! In the meantime, have a great week! xo-Layne

No comments:

Post a Comment